What is Aadhar Card?
So Let me clear your doubt first, What Actually is Aadhar Card, Aadhar Card is a 12 Digit unique identification number give to each and every resident of India, It was launched way back in 2009-2010 by UPA Government, Almost all the countries have their similar Unique Identification System so Our Government also launched the system. Later, we will see steps for Aadhar Card Download.
Aadhar Card has all our information like Gender, Address, Photo, Biometrics, Age etc, It is a project towards having a Single or Unique identification to all the citizens of the country, In India, there are literally Hundreds of Documents Such as Proof of Address such as Electricity Bill, Water Bills etc, and also the Proof of Identities such as Voter ID, Election Card, Permanent Account Number ( PAN ) and the list goes on. Aadhar Card will not actually replace all these documents but it will serve as that document like for example for Getting Sim Card if they ask Proof of Identity or Proof of Address we can show them, Aadhar Card, it will also serve for other purposes like for applying for Jobs, Institutions, Know your customer ( KYC ), Opening Bank Accounts, Custom Clearance etc..
A resident of the country can get Aadhar Card by submitting the existing Proof of Address ( Electricity Bill, Water Bill ) and Proof of Identity ( Permanent Account Number ( PAN ), Election Card ) and going through the process of Biometrics at a Aadhar Card Center Near you. After getting the Card you can also Aadhar Card Download Online by following the simple steps.
Now you all know What is Aadhar Card, Now let’s talk about the uses of it, Firstly we can avail the basic services such as getting Sim Cards, Opening Bank Accounts, Taking Broadband connections and also Government Schemes Like Right to Education ( RTI ), Subsidy Gas Cylinders etc.
Recently there is a huge growth in the illegal immigrants to India, By having Aadhar Card as we have both Proof of Address and Proof of Identity it will be easy to catch the illegal immigrants and also we can control it, The best part about Aadhar Card is it will remain throughout the Life Span of the Resident, You Hear it Right! So make sure to keep it safe without wear and tear, Anyway, you can also Aadhar Card Download and use it instead of the real one.
What is E Aadhar Card?
India is moving towards Digital India, there are so many measures to make a single identity for all the citizens of India, So E Aadhar Card is also one of the measures of Digital India, E Aadhar Card is a PDF File which we can Download from official website of UIDAI, We we can store locally in our Mobile Phone, Laptop/Desktop etc. So E Aadhar Card is Basically an electronic version of the regular Aadhar Card that can be downloaded by giving the 12 digit Unique Identification Number or the Enrolment Number at the Official Website of UIDAI. The downloaded version of Aadhar Card which is called E Aadhar Card can be used as a Legit Document Just like the regular Aadhar Card, it will also have all the information of you like the Gender, Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Id etc. Indian Railways also accepts E Aadhar Card ad the Valid Identity Proof, If anyone loses their Regular Aadhar Card one can Download E Aadhar Card Online With a few Simple steps
Now that you got What is Aadhar Card and also Aadhar Card Uses now let me walk you through the process of Download Aadhar Card Online by step by step guide, Most of you Guys are tired of searching up the Internet for Aadhar Card Download Online but you may not have got the perfect guide regarding it, So in this Guide I will show you step-by-step will all the required Links so that you Don’t need to search the Internet!
We all know that E Aadhar Card is a soft copy of the regular Aadhar Card, After such a long hold time UIDAI has finally launched E Aadhar Card Download Online by following the Step by step guide given below
Once you have received your Aadhar Card in hand then only you can Download Aadhar Card through an Online medium, With the simple 5 steps mentioned below, So if you have your Aadhar Card or Even Aadhar Card number you can proceed in Downloading Aadhar Card Online
Step 1 – Go to the official website of UIDAI for downloading it, you can just click HERE , Once you have opened the link you will have two options to select as shown in the image below, Simply Select the Aadhar Option at the right Side.
Step 2 – Now you have to fill in your Aadhar Card Number/Aandhar Enrollment Number, In the first column, then you need to enter the Card Holder Full Name and then after the pin code of the Registered Address.
Step 3 – In the next column you need to enter the security captcha code which will be displayed on the Image, Then Fill in you Registered Mobile number and click on Get One Time Password Button, Then after you will receive an SMS OTP.
Step 4 – Then after entering the OTP you have received, Click on Validate and Download, If all the above details are given correctly, Aadhar Card will be downloaded to your device.
Step 5 – Aadhar Card will be downloaded in your device as a PDF Password Protected File, The password will be like, If your name is RAJU and you were born in 1993, then your password will be the First Four Characters of you Name followed by the year you were born, So it will be “RAJU1993”, Make sure the first four characters you enter will be Capital, Then after you can easily Access your E Aadhar Card Download
Now that you have downloaded the Aadhar Card online and opened it with the password, ( instructions given above ), You can now Print Aadhar Card Simple Open the PDF file that you have downloaded, and enter the password for the PDF File then Press and Hold Ctrl + P Key in the keyboard of your PC/Laptop, or else you can also click print button at the top of the PDF file or Go to Your Nearest Xerox Store and take an Aadhar Card Print.
Many of us need to update of Name, Phone Number, Address, Email ID displayed on Aadhar Card, So in this Part of the article we will be taking a look at that, Firstly there 2 known ways that you can Update Aadhar Card, the Online Way and the Offline way, In this part we will take a look at the Online Way which is faster, No need to go to the Aadhar Card center to update, You can Update Aadhar Online by sitting at home by the Online. Follow the step by step guide, we will provide all the required links for your Convenience.
Step 1 – First off visit the official Aadhar Card Correction Online website by clicking HERE Or by Just copy pasting this link https://uidai.gov.in/enrolment-update/aadhaar-enrolment/aadhaar-data-update.html Into your Browser, Once you have opened the link Enter your Aadhaar number and fill in the security captcha code you will see in the Image Then click on send OTP button.
Step 2 – Enter the OTP you will receive in your registered mobile number, and Click on Login Button, as shown in the image Below.
Step 3 – Once the above step is done, Select the fields that you need to update in Aadhar Card, and click on the submit button.
Step 4 – On the next page, it will ask you to update the incorrect details you selected in Step 3, after you correct the incorrect details click on submit request button.
Step 5 – In the next page upload the documents they are shown, then after click on the SUBMIT Button.
Step 6 – On the next page it will tell you that, Have you uploaded the original scanned Document? So Click The YES-Button, as shown in the image below.
Step 7 – Once that’s done select the BPO Service Provider and Click on the SUBMIT button.
Step 8 – Once you click on submit Button, it will Display a URN Number Please take a screenshot or note down the number anywhere so that you can Check Aadhar Card Update Status Online.
Now that you have Updated the incorrect details on your Aadhar Card, Let’s Take a look at how you can Check Aadhar Card Update Status Online, We will provide all the required links so that you don’t have to search the internet for links, Just follow the simple 3 step guide that we will provide below and Check the Aadhar Card Status Online with just your Aadhar Card Number and the URN ( Update Request Number ) with just few simple clicks.
Step 1 – You need to visit the official website of Checking Aadhar Card Update Status by clicking HERE Or by just Copy pasting this URL https://uidai.gov.in/enrolment-update/aadhaar-enrolment/aadhaar-data-update.html in your Browser.
Step 2 – Once you visit the website, Just enter the Aadhar Card Number and the URN ( Update Request Number ) and then click on the Get Status Button, As shown in the below image.
Step 3 – Once that is done, If all the entered details are correct you will get the Status of Aadhar Card.
FAQ’s About Aadhaar Card
Aadhar for ticket booking not compulsory for rail bookings:
The railway’s authority said that Aadhaar is not compulsory for booking train tickets. Although, it is encouraged by the transport to promote behemoth on current bases by giving incentivizing it.
The minister of state for railways has issued a written order by Rajen Gohain in which he said that there is no proposing to make Aadhaar compulsory. Despite that order, on January 1 in 2017 requirement of Aadhaar verification is required for railways tickets for citizens has been introduced.
A reward scheme also introduced by IRCTC to incentivize linking with Aadhaar with their user ids.
SIM linking with Aadhaar: Linking SIM cards using OTP verification:
The government of India announced three new models for linking Aadhaar mobile phones to complete this method from the comfort of your home, said by the PTI complete report. The process is very simple; you can link your mobile phone number with Aadhaar through applying password via IVRS facility.
The government also take a very good step to continue the verification of Aadhaar linking by visiting nearby telecom stores. The government also issue a notice to the telecom’s companies to do Aadhaar verification by visiting disable, ill citizens.
updates of Aadhaar: When you Use your Aadhaar last time:
For making sure that your Aadhaar data is not misused, to ensure that you can check this by visiting Aadhaar biometric data online. You can also do online check when your Aadhaar data is used last time for verification. Here are steps to check your Aadhaar verification.
- First of all, you need to open UIDAI’s Aadhaar Authentication history page.
- Then you need to enter 12 digits your Aadhaar and the captcha code shown on the screen.
- After that, you need to click on generate OTP button.
- When you click on OTP button, it asks you to enter your mobile number which is registered in the Aadhaar data.
- When the page opens, you can search by selecting authentication requests types such as biometric, demographic and so on.
- This is the whole process of checking the Aadhaar data.
How to link Aadhar card number with your bank account?
You have not to worry about attaching the bank account with your Aadhaar card. The process is very simple, and it can be done online. The process is the same for all banks. You can link your Aadhaar by doing online banking or by visiting a nearby branch and submitting the Aadhaar linking request form. Follow the guide below.
- Firstly, you need to login into your internet banking using your username and password.
- After login in, look for Aadhaar card seeding or update Aadhaar card details something like that.
- Click on the link to open the new page, and enter its some basic information such as Aadhaar card, etc.
- When you filled all the information, click on the submit button, the request will go to the bank account.
- The bank account verifies and validates the information and one the verification is done. You receive a confirmation on your mobile
How to apply for Aadhaar card-complete process?
If someone has not applied for Aadhaar card yet, then you can apply now. It’s not a big risk to apply for Aadhaar. This can be done in a few steps. Here step by step guide to apply for Aadhaar card.
- First of all, you need to nearby Aadhaar center.
- After finding the center of Aadhaar, book appointment. If you book an online appointment, it will save a lot of your time. You can book an online appointment at the official website of UID. https://uidai.gov.in/
- You need to keep some documents such as identity card and a proof of your address, for example, a ration card, etc.
- Fill the application form and submit it with the supporting documents at the enrollment center. After that, your biometric data will be taken for verification.
- After all the process, a 14 digit enrolment number will be given to you for tracking the status of your application.
- You can track your application status with using that enrollment number.
Connect to Scholarship account to your Aadhaar:
If you want to get the benefits under the DBT scheme, then it is compulsory that you have a bank account and Aadhaar number. We are providing you the step by step guide to connect with your scholarship account.
- Firstly, you need to have Aadhaar card for linking with Scholarship account.
- The next step is that to confirm that your university provides benefits to any bank or some particular. Then apply for a bank
- The most important is that to link scholarship account with Aadhaar. It does not matter that you are applying for the first time or second time. Then link with your Aadhaar account with the bank.
How to apply for Aadhaar card if you are NRI?
The method to apply Aadhaar for NRI is very simple. You need to register for an Aadhaar card for NRI’s which very similar method is as for common citizens. You can get an appointment online or visit enrolment centers for applying Aadhaar card for NRI’s.
- After getting you the appointment, you have to carry some important documents such as identity card or residential proof, etc.
- Give all the documents to officials, and then they will take your biometric details.
- After that, you will receive an enrollment slip for checking your application status.
The complete process to get your duplicate Aadhaar card:
In the case of losing or misplacing of Aadhaar card can become a major issue for you. But you have to not worry in this situation because you can get easily duplicate of Aadhaar card.
- You need to make sure. you have the Aadhaar mobile phone and email id for verification for OTP which will use during the process.
- Then go on their official website and click on the “Retrieve lost EID” which will give the under Aadhaar online service tab.
- After clicking on it, you will go to another page where you need to fill out the application and chose the UID or EID.
- Then enter the password for verification after that you will ask to choose email id or mobile number to verify your identity.
- After all the process you will receive Aadhaar card copy where you can download.
Why linking Aadhaar with property is important?
It is a very good step which is taken by Government to linking Aadhaar card with person’s property. It helps the government to catch the black money and corrupt people. The union housing minister confirms in the interview that linking property with Aadhaar can be made mandatory. The linking of property with Aadhaar card will make it easier for authorities to check the asset of people.
How to do verification of Aadhaar card?
You may need to verify your Aadhaar card, in case you did not use for some time like 3 years or more. Then it can get deactivated, so you have to verify you Aadhaar card to activate for further use.
- Firstly, you need to go to their official website UIDAI
- Then enter there your Aadhaar card number and security number.
- Check the status of your Aadhaar by clicking on Verify tab.
if your Aadhaar card deactivated, then you can visit nearby Aadhaar centers for biometric verification, and you have to pay 25 Rs at the enrollment center.
You can now also check Aadhar Card Status by SMS, Just send an SMS as UID STATUS <14 digit enrollment number> to 51969 , After you send SMS you will receive the Staus in your Phone.