PAN India Full Form & Pan Number Format
PAN Card Full Form is Permanent Account Number. I am going to explain logic behind Pan Card Format in detail. PAN Card consists of 10 characters, keep in mind that Aadhaar Card consists of 12. PAN Card number is mix of alphabets & numbers. These are not randomly generated numbers & alphabets mix-up. Each character has its own unique significance. PAN Card is issued by Income Tax Department.
Why PAN Card?
PAN Card or Permanent Account Number is necessary for Indian tax payers. In other sense its an identity to tax payers. PAN Card or Permanent Account Number is issues under the Income Tax Act, 1961.1. Opening bank accounts are not easy without valid PAN Card and also to invest in mutual fund.
PAN is also available for foreigners with valid visa and employment status. You can also use this card as identity proof. Although Aadhaar is main identity proof in India but it also works well.
To get a PAN is not necessary like voter ID, Domicile, Passport, Driving License, Aadhaar, etc. But companies need this to fill their data for Incom tax and hence if yoy ara a jobian then you may not survive without this unless your salary not come under minimum tax application amount. There is no harm to get a PAN card. You may need it anytime, anywhere. Mind it! And believe on your luck 😊
PAN India Full Form and Logic
A Typical Pan Number Format Logic is look like “AFYFF7190H”
As above you can see first five are alphabets, followed by four digits and ending again with alphabet. Only alpha-numeric are there. No special character you will see in that number.
Let’s reveal what these meant to show holder identity and what makes this number so unique that it can be used as holder’s identification easily.
- First three alphabets are totally random from AAA-ZZZ mix-up. It can be AAA, ZZZ, CCC and also AST, ZRT, XTL. It is computer generated & can be the same to the card holder but very rare. As almost 25 Crore cards are in hands now a days already.
- The fourth number is the most important one and contains the holder’s identity. This is an alphabet represents the status of the PAN holder. Like C stands for Company, P for Individuals, H = HUF (Hindu Undivided Family), F = Firm, A = Association of Persons (AOP), T = AOP (Trust), B = Body of Individuals -BOI, L = Local, J = Artificial Juridical Person and G = Government.
- The fifth character is holder’s surname of given name. For example, if the applicant’s name is Raju Kumar then it will be “K”. It will not change even though your surname is changed later on.
- Next four are purely disgits that are randomly selected sequential numbers and are between 1001 and 9999.
- The tenth character in pan number format is an alphabet check digit. It is computer generated by applying previous nine previous character check.
Hope, you got a nice read and after reading this post you can give a surprise to your colleague that how genius you are! If you like then please share to others..
Read More about How to Download a PAN Card